Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The end of September

 
 
 
 
My fall has gone so quickly that I never got to blog about my trip to Niger. One day when I was there I got to go to Gumbo's house to help cook a meal for a group of L's friends who came to eat lunch with us. It was an experience I will never forget. Her life is so hard. She lives in a little round house but all of her cooking is done outside over an open fire. She has a daughter who helps her alot. The daughter was the one who taught me how to wash the pans out in the yard with the water from the container. G takes care of a precious little boy whose mom died when he was a few days old. G is one of the few women that I observed who truly loves children. I can't imagine living her life but she seems so content.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment