Sunday, September 20, 2009

Clarkston Block Party September 19, 2009


On Saturday I went with the HSBC team for a block party in Clarkston. Our target group was the refugees from Bhutan which is in southern Nepal. We had a wonderful time despite the soggy conditions. Lots of people came to eat with us and several groups went out to do door to door evangelism. I got to serve tea and ask questions fon a survey for CIBC. It was interesting to hear all the needs of the people. Some that really got to me was their need for rice, coats, shoes and school supplies. They all came to the US with nothing. We will continue working in that apartment complex so hopefully we will get to meet some of their needs as well as introduce them to Jesus. All the people I surveyed told me they were interested in learning more about the Bible. That was exciting to me because many of the older people had Hindu paint on their faces.
Several of them made me feel like I was back in India. There are also refugees from Iraq in that complex. One lady in her Muslim dress came to get food for her family. What a blessing it was on this dreary day to be able to participate in this work.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment